Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wonton Sausage and Cheese Delights

I love anything with sausage and cheese.  Sprinkle in some green onions and my mouth waters.  I made a batch of these and everyone love them.  I might add that I made some substitutions to the original recipe.  I used 1 pkg of Jimmy Dean sausage instead of 1/4 pound of bulk hot Italian sausage.



1 pkg Jimmy Dean sausage (hot or mild)

1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

1 bundle finely chopped green onions (I also use most of the blade)

40 wonton wrappers

Brown sausage in skillet, separating meat.  Drain.  Combine sausage, cheese and onion in medium bowl.  Spoon 1 round teaspoon sausage mixture near corner of wonton wrapper.  Brush opposite corner with water.  Fold over corner, roll up jelly roll style.  Moisten ends with water and roll up overlapping ends slightly.  Moisten with water to seal.  Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers.  Heat oil in heavy 3 quart sauce pan over   medium heat to about 365 degrees.  Fry wontons, a few at a time, about 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown.  Drain on paper towels.  You can serve with salsa; however, we did not.  We just popped them into our mouths, they were so good. 



Also, you can add finely chopped red/green peppers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment