Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mama Boot's Boiled Cookies

The only person in the world that can make these cookies is my Mother.   I have tried and they are never as good as her's.  Hopefully, you will have better luck than me, but these are so very worth it.  Happy Mother's Day, Mom. 

Mama Boot's Boiled Cookies

2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon margarine
4 Tablesppons cocoa
2 1/2 cups of quick cooking oats
1/ 4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla

Cook sugar, milk, butter and cocoa for 1 1/2 minutes.  Start counting when mixture reaches a full, rolling boil.  Remove from heat and add pecans, vanilla and Peanut Butter.  Beat until blended.  Drop by heaping teaspoons onto wax paper.  This is a good treat for the little ones.

My Mama made these cookies on cold, wintery days and on beautiful summer days for my sister and I.  What a treat! 

The peanut butter is optional in this recipe.....

Enjoy - and my Aunt Annie Ruth makes a scrumptious Orange Cake....I am going to post it as well as my Aunt Ilene's awesome peanut butter cake...That thing is to die for it is so good.  Last time I was in Alabama I ate 1/2 of that darned peanut butter cake and had to starve myself the following week but it was darned sure worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment