Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Annie Ruth and Marie's Orange Supreme Cake

My Aunts, Annie Ruth and Marie gave me this recipe.  They are the Queens of cooking.  Well, along with everyone else that I know in the great State of Alabama.  They cook, garden, can and God Bless them, they have fed an army in their lifetimes.  Of course, they get that from my Memma who always fed everyone around.  You have read that Sunday was dinner at Memma’s and that tradition still holds at My Aunt’s house.  Ilene and my Mom also cook and take food over to Annie’s on Sunday.  This is a delicious cake recipe.  And, I will say to you all like my Mom wrote on a recipe that she sent to me one Christmas, “eat and get fat”.

Orange Supreme Cake
Small box instant vanilla pudding
Box Orange Supreme Cake Mix
Small box Orange gelatin
½ cup vegetable oil
1 ½ cups Milk
4 Eggs
8 Ozs Sour Cream
2 cups powdered sugar
15 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
8 – 12 oz container non-dairy whipped topping

Combine pudding, cake mix, and gelatin, add in oil, and milk, beating well.  Beat in eggs.  Bake in 3 greased 9 inch cake pans at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.  (You know the toothpick trick—stick it in and if it comes out clean, it is done).  Cool.

Icing  - Combine sour cream, powdered sugar, pineapple, coconut and whipped topping – blending well.  Ice cake between layers, sides and top. 

You should keep this cake stored in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment