You simply melt the shea butter and coconut oil together in a double boiler. Add in the almond oil, or you an use Jojoba oil or olive oil. Add essential oil of your choosing like lavendar or whatever you want (maybe orange). Then, let solidify. Then, whip or beat it with a mix and put into jars.
1 cup shea butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup almond oil (you can substitute olive oil, jojoba oil, any organic, liquid oil that is healthy.)
Monday, February 6, 2012
For The Crust Note: I use graham crackers instead of Oreo cookies as I am not a big fan of that crust.
For The Filling
- 2 lbs cream cheese , softened
- 5 eggs , at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (not natural-style)
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter cups , broken into small pieces
For The Topping
- Please Note****Plan ahead--cheesecake needs to chill for at least 4 hours.
- To Make The Crust:.
- Combine crushed Oreo cookies and peanuts that have been ground in a food processor with the melted butter.
- Pat the crust mixture onto bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- To Make The Filling:.
- Beat cream cheese in bowl of electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 8\Add sugar, peanut butter and cream; mix until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla, then fold in peanut butter cup pieces with a rubber spatula.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Place springform pan into a larger baking pan
- Pour hot water into the larger pan so that the water comes 1 inch up the sides of the springform pan
- Bake at 275°F 1-1/2 hours, or until firm and lightly browned.
- For The Topping:.
- Combine the sour cream and sugar and spread on the cheesecake.
- Return the cake to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for one hour.
- You may run a knife along the edge of the cake to loosen it from the pan somewhat.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/ruggles-reeses-peanut-butter-cup-cheesecake-114907#ixzz1le91nNAY
Scroll to Top