For The Crust Note: I use graham crackers instead of Oreo cookies as I am not a big fan of that crust.
For The Filling
- 2 lbs cream cheese , softened
- 5 eggs , at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (not natural-style)
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter cups , broken into small pieces
For The Topping
- Please Note****Plan ahead--cheesecake needs to chill for at least 4 hours.
- To Make The Crust:.
- Combine crushed Oreo cookies and peanuts that have been ground in a food processor with the melted butter.
- Pat the crust mixture onto bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- To Make The Filling:.
- Beat cream cheese in bowl of electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 8\Add sugar, peanut butter and cream; mix until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla, then fold in peanut butter cup pieces with a rubber spatula.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Place springform pan into a larger baking pan
- Pour hot water into the larger pan so that the water comes 1 inch up the sides of the springform pan
- Bake at 275°F 1-1/2 hours, or until firm and lightly browned.
- For The Topping:.
- Combine the sour cream and sugar and spread on the cheesecake.
- Return the cake to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for one hour.
- You may run a knife along the edge of the cake to loosen it from the pan somewhat.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/ruggles-reeses-peanut-butter-cup-cheesecake-114907#ixzz1le91nNAY
Scroll to Top