Thursday, June 9, 2011

Memma's Down Home Country Cooking

If you have read any of the blogs, then you know that my Memma was the light of my life.  I have collected a lot of her recipes and am trying to post as many as possible.  I feel like today, cooking is a lost art as well as canning.  I know that for me, personally, I am in traffic sometimes three hours a day and the last thing that I want to do when I come home from work is cook.  Publix fried chicken taste just fine to me.  However, I do sometimes feel a bit guilty.  I remember the great meals that Memma used to cook.  Seems that it took her no time to whip up supper. 

I love baking and I will never forget the smell of spices in her kitchen espcially right after Thanksgiving.  That is when she started baking for Christmas.  I cannot wait to share some of my Christmas recipes.  Her Orange Slice Candy cake is divine.  I wish that I had a piece of it now with a good up of coffee.  Yum, yum.  I try to bake at Christmas more or less as a tribute to Memma.

No comments:

Post a Comment