There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Memma's Down Home Country Cooking

If you have read any of the blogs, then you know that my Memma was the light of my life.  I have collected a lot of her recipes and am trying to post as many as possible.  I feel like today, cooking is a lost art as well as canning.  I know that for me, personally, I am in traffic sometimes three hours a day and the last thing that I want to do when I come home from work is cook.  Publix fried chicken taste just fine to me.  However, I do sometimes feel a bit guilty.  I remember the great meals that Memma used to cook.  Seems that it took her no time to whip up supper. 

I love baking and I will never forget the smell of spices in her kitchen espcially right after Thanksgiving.  That is when she started baking for Christmas.  I cannot wait to share some of my Christmas recipes.  Her Orange Slice Candy cake is divine.  I wish that I had a piece of it now with a good up of coffee.  Yum, yum.  I try to bake at Christmas more or less as a tribute to Memma.

No comments:

Post a Comment