- Get 8 Hours of Sleep
- Start you meals with fruits/veggies and a full glass of water
- Loading up on fruits and vegetables will make you feel recharged
- Eat 90% healthy and 10% (fun stuff)
- Do strength training - Will make you feel 20 years younger
- Weight training makes microtears in muscle which leads your body to generate thicker, stronger muscle fiber --Focus on the lower body and core
- My doctor advised this type of exercise to make me less vulnerable to injuries (bone breakage, etc.)
- Go to the gym or get a set up dumbbells ---do squats and lunges, calf raises 2 to 3 sets of 10 reps at least 3 times a week.
- Walking is also good
Remember, to feel younger, you need to mix things up a bit. Don't do the same exercises every day. Don't use the same shampoo or face cream. After awhile, the same things lose their effect.. And, I recently read that the brain craves change. To feel younger, you need to make little changes in your routine. In a recent Harvard study, people who were placed in an environment that resembled their youth ...moves music and memorabilia from the past....experienced marked improvement in their memory, vision, happiness level and overall health. This shows that our mind set limits us says one researcher. (Ellen Langer, PH.D, author of "Counterclockwise". So, do something that really takes you back in time. Check out this photo. My friend from childhood came over to my son's rehearsal dinner. She made me feel twenty years younger. Look how happy we looked.