Monday, July 18, 2011

40's 50's and 60's

Here I go again.  However, I am sick of picking of magazines and seeing pictures of skinny models in their twenties.  And, in the one and only magazine that supposedly is for the "older generation", one sees women in their mid thirties or early forties.  So, we are either seeing women who don't know what a wrinkle is or someone that is decrepit.  I want to see someone with a little frizz in their hair ...yes, as my hairdresser said, it's age that is causing your hair to look so "dead".  I want to see someone that is sixty that has attitude.  Helen Mirren is sexy as all get out.   She rocks whatever the heck she wears, even the bikini.  I don't want to look at her and say, "wow, look at that over sixty-something lady".  I want to look at her and think, "she looks good".  End of story.  Not for her age.  Just, she looks good.  Don't give a crap how old she is. 
And, also, I am sick of hearing that you cannot find another job at "our age".  If I am eighty years old and want to sell cow piles on a corner, then let me do it.  If I am eighty and want to start a new career, well, society, kiss off and let me do whatever the heck I want.  Okay, I am off of my soapbox.  But, world stop discriminating against us old broads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment