Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Friday

Good Morning!  Happy Friday.  Thanks to Ms. Linda, I had the best pineapple last night.  It was so fresh.  She got it at the Farmer's Market near the airport.  So good.  I am going to have to try that place out.  Her Mom also bought a bushel of corn and sent me some of it.  It was really good.  I put it on the grill and tried one of the recipes that I have posted. 
I talked to my Aunt this morning who lives over in Alabama and they are busy as bees canning green beans and getting all of the veggies out of the garden.  They just got some okra.  Wow, wish I was over there.  Someone brought them some pink eye green peas from their garden.  I have never heard of pink -eye peas, have you all?  I have had black-eyed peas and English peas, but have no idea what pink eyed peas are.  Doesn't sound too good to me.

Yes, five o'clock this morning, I was up and at the gym.  I did 20 minutes on the treadmill and then I hit those weight machines.  I worked my abs, arms and legs.   This is maybe my third week of gym activity and I can tell that the giggle in my arm is not as giggly anymore!  Yee haw!!  Please, Lord, let me keep this up.  The other night, I went to the gym, did 25 minutes on the treadmill (1.5miles), the weights, yadda yadda. Then, I came home and ate two containers of weight watchers ice cream.  That is okay, huh?  I ate the first container, looked around to see where Tom was, and quietly got the other one out of the freezer.  Yummy, butter pecan.

There was a time that eating didn't bother me.  I would eat sausage and biscuits trying to gain weight.  Oh, yea!  That was back in the day.  Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment