Friday, October 7, 2011

Southern Sayings

Okay, help me out guys.  I have been seeing a few Southern sayings on Twitter and that just got me to thinking.  What are your favorite Southern sayings?

Here we go:
  • Hey, I didn't just fall off a turnip truck, you know?
  • How yawl doing?
  • Whar you going? Over yonder.
  • Hotter than a pepper sprout
  • You ain't just a whistling Dixie
  • I'm a fixin to go over yonder
  • Slow as molasses
  • If I'm lying they ain't a cow in Texas and they say that's a heifer range
  • Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
  • Happier than a pig in slop
  • As full as a tick
  • Where did Matt go?  he went to "crap" and the hogs ate him (notice I substituted crap for the real word)
  • It's hotter than a whore in church
  • It's colder than a weld digger's behind
  • One brick short of a load
  • Honey, that dress sure is pretty, did your mama make it?
  • Slicker than owl sh.t....
  • Cold day in hell
  • Snowball's chance in hell
  • Busier than a one-legged man in a arz kicking contest
  • He ain't got the sense God give a billy goat
  • Why (Y) that baby is cuter than speckled pup
  • Rode hard and put up wet
  • S//t fire and save the matches
  • In high cotton
  • High on the hog
  • She plum forgot her raising
  • She's stuck up
  • Grinin like a mule
  • Tighter than a drum
  • She'd argue with a fence post
  • Going off half-cocked
  • Who ruffled her feathers?
  • She was squealin and carryin on like a stuck hog
  • In a coon's age
  • Chewin the fat
  • Well, I do declare
  • If I'm lying I'm dying
  • Yea, he let his mouth overload his butt
  • Bump on a log
  • Hey, sweetie, don't count your chickens before they hatch
  • She was all over him like white on rice
  • Well shut my mouth
  • Oh, yes, they are like two peas in a pod
  • Right near here
  • Oh, it's a far piece
  • By and by
  • Honey, you want a glass of sweet milk?  What about some sweet tea?
  • Bless her heart, she can't drive worth a flip
  • Bless her heart, I knew her Mama made that dress
  • Oh, yea, it's just down the road
  • Girl, you better act like you got some raisin
  • Hey, honey, this is just between you, me and the fencepost, got that?
  • Alright
  • Did yawl see that girl?  She is built like a brick shithouse
  • Hey, close that NEWMonia hole
  • Were you raised in a barn?
  • Don't let that door hit you in the behind on your way out
  • Close that door, you're letting the flies out
  • He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn
  • Hey, don't look a gift horse in the mouth
  • Yea, he don't know his ass from a hole in the ground
  • Yes, he was drunker than cooter brown
  • Hey, bring me that thing a ma jig, you know that wha cha ma call it
  • Hey, get your butt off of your shoulders
  • She is hog wild and pig crazy
  • Hey, I'm going over yonder and I'll be back directly
  • You better grab that bull by the horns
  • Where's my do-hickey at
  • Hey, I ain't got no axe to grind
  • He couldn't carry a tune in a lard bucket
  • Hey, growing up we didn't have a pot to pee in or a window to sling it out
  • He looks like something the dogs drug in
  • He's so tight he's got every penney he earned
  • You cannot get blood out of a turnip
  • Hey, you're talking my ear off
  • He's about as sharp as a tack
  • He's about as useful as tits on a boar hog
  • Hey,  roll on cat shit, someone's gonna come along and lick you up
  • He's older than dirt
  • He's higher than a Georgia pine
  • Gosh, look at her, she looks rougher than a corn cob
  • Oh, yea, she was three sheets to the wind
  • I ain't seen you in a month of Sundays
  • I'm so hungry I could eat the ass out of a billy goat
  • Honey, I don know'd him since he was knee high to a bean post
  • Oh, yea I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off
  • Honey, I wouldn't trust him any further than I could throw him
  • If bullshit were music, sweetie, we'd have a brass band going here, don't you think?
  • Oh, whatever, and if a bullfrog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he jumped
  • I'm telling you he's dumber than a truck
  • Girl, if you don't stop that cryin right now, I'm gonna give you something to cry about, ya hear?
  • Hey, I'm gonna jerk a knot in your tail
  • Well, alright, I'll see you if the Good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise
  • I'm too old to cut the mustard
  • Oh, that'll go over like a lead balloon
  • Oh, that'll last as long as a fart in a whirlwind
  • Ain't no skin off my nose
  • Yea, she's bout knee high to a grasshopper
  • Hold your horses, there little lady
  • Much obliged
  • Hey, baby, now we're shittin in high cotton
  • Don't rain on my parade
  • She's throwin one of her hissy fits
  • Honey, Jesus Christ himself couldn't please her
  • Look at that, two pigs in a poke
  • Honey, you've got more nerve than Carter's got a little liver pill
  • More nerve than a bad tooth
  • Oh, honey, I've been wound up tighter than a eight day clock
  • Ain't that a sight for sore eyes
  • Honey, somebody beat that kid with an ugly stick
  • Yes, I got my Sunday go to meetin clothes on
  • Well that just takes the cake!
  • Yes, I'm afraid I'm goin up a shit crick without a paddle purty quick
  • Well' I'll  swaney
  • Well, he's got the same britches to get glad in
  • That's just down rite sorry
  • Young lady, you better straighten up and fly right
  • Hey, you're ass is grass
  • Now, who in the sam hill was that?
  • She was all over  him like a duck on a Junebug
  • Great day in the mornin
  • Don't cut your eyes at me
  • How ya'll doing
  • Hey, I'll slap you seven ways into Sunday
  • Girl, I've been busier than a pegged leg sailor in a butt kickin contest
  • Honey, she ain't no spring chicken
  • Now that you know the way, don't be such a stranger
  • Hey, now, that old dog want hunt no more
  • Dadgum it
  • You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink
  • He's slower than Joe's old turkey
  • Oh, he's a goober
  • Ain't no haint gonna run me off
  • He's a cute little fellar
  • Yan't me to tote it for you?
  • Yep, his pilot lite went out along time ago
  • He's just plum honery
  • Pert nert
  • I brought you into this world and I can take you right out, if you don't straighten yourself right on up, how
  • Heaven's to betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment