Monday, October 17, 2011

A Friend for Life

There are people in your life who waltz in, stay awhile and stroll right on out into someone else's life.  You miss them for a while but then life goes on and you realize they were not that special or that close of a friend.  After all, you don't hear from them and maybe you wake up and think, "wait a minute, I am the one who is calling to see how they are doing, etc.  So, you decide to let go.  So, you would classify that friendship as a "waltzing in and out of your life" friendship.

I think the friends, though, that you meet early on in life, maybe a childhood friend, that sticks with you through thick and thin, through the years, those are just the best.  And, I am so fortunate to have such a friend in my life.  We grew up together, we were children together, we spent our teen-age years together, we have laughed together and we have cried together. She did my hair for me and don't ever try to come between us, because it will not work.  We are joined at the hip.  And, you know, there have been times that we didn't hear from each other for long periods of time; then, out of the blue, when one of us was hurting or lonely or troubled about something..boom!  That phone call would happen and all of that time would be bridged, filled in, the gaps would be closed and we would be there for each other. 

I can always pour out my heart and soul to her and she will not laugh.  She will listen, no matter what I tell her, she listens.  And, she loves me for who I am and what I am.  And, I love her equally.  She is beautiful inside and out.  She is talented and she is smart!  And, she always looks as if she walked out of a fashion magazine.  She is honest, she is kind and she is the best friend a person  could ever have.  She has heart and she has soul!!

And,  I don't have to say her name because she knows good and well that I am talking about her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment