How does this sound for a cool Sunday Morning Breakfast? If you haven't tried Pinterest.com...you should! Fabulous recipes. This one came from JimmyDean.com I guess you could get up in the middle of the night and get that Crock pot going, if you wanted to have this dish on an early Sunday morning; however, you could just get up early on Sunday morning, get the fixin's going in the pot and have it around 10'is...sounds kind of good...I will make it and let you know! I haven't tried yet.
Crock Pot Breakfast
- 1 pkg. (26 ounces) frozen shredding hash brown potatoes
1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles
1 cup (4 ounces) shredding mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredding parmesan cheese
1/2 cup julienne cut sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
6 green onions, sliced
1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 ground black pepper
1. Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer 1/2 of the potatoe on the bottom of slow cooker.
2. Top with half of the sausage, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes and green onion. Repeat layering.
3. Beat eggs, milk and pepper in large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
4. Pour evenly over potato-sausage mixture.
5. Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours or on high setting for 3-4 hours or until eggs are set.