Monday, October 10, 2011

Brenda's Potato Soup

Today, I cam home from work craving potato soup for some crazy reason.  Maybe the weather had something to do with it.  Anyway, here is how I quickly through together the soup.  I put 4 or 5 baking potatoes in the microwave and cooked them.  I melted butter in a dutch oven / big pan.  I cut up the bake potatoes and smashed them up in the pan with the butter (all on low heat).  Add in 1/4 cup of all - purpose flour..stirring really well.  I probably should have added the flour in with the butter in the beginning.  Also, I did not peel the baked potatoes, but I could have.  Then, I added two cups of milk and about 3/4 cup of half and half.  Cooked over low heat until bubbly.  Then, I tossed in salt and white pepper.  I dipped a big old ladle full into a bowl, through in bacon bits (microwaved bacon) and shredded cheddar cheese.  I looked for the sour cream, but I was all out.  Darn it.  But, it was really good and took less than 30 minutes.  And, I just improvised.

No comments:

Post a Comment