- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 8 ounce wheel of Brie
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Soak dried cranberries in a small bowl of water for one minute so that they are not hard.
- Lay thawed puff pastry sheet on a cookie sheet.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in pecans and toast for about 3 minutes.
- Place Brie in the middle of the puff pastry.
- Place pecan mixture on top of Brie.
- Place brown sugar on top of pecan mixture. The heat of the pecan mixture will help melt the brown sugar.
- Drain cranberries. Place them on top of brown sugar.
- Bring the edges of the puff pastry up and press them together making sure to seal the dough. If you have excess dough you can cut a leaf or decoration to add to the top of the Brie.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the entire pastry with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven or until the pastry is a golden brown.
- Serve with crackers or just by the slice.
I love Brie and this recipe looks so yummy. I found this on Pinterest.com.