1 ½ cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup melted butter, cooled
1 ¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon almond extract
¾ cup whole milk*
¼ cup cinnamon sugar
Cinnamon Vanilla Buttercream:
1 stick butter softened
3 cups powdered sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 Tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, beat sugar and cooled butter until light and fluffy. Then add eggs, vanilla, almond extract and milk. Mix until well blended.
4. Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
5. Spoon into cupcake liners and bake for 18-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. When the cupcakes come out of the oven, brush the tops with butter and then roll them in cinnamon sugar.
7. Buttercream: Beat butter until light and fluffy. Add 2-3 cups powdered sugar (taste along the way) and beat for 4-5 minutes. Add vanilla and cinnamon. Add milk to loosen.
8. Top cupcakes with buttercream when cooled.
*I didn’t have whole milk, so I just used ¾ cup 1% and melted a little extra butter.