Here’s what you’ll need:
4 o.z beeswax pellets
4 o.z shea butter
5 o.z coconut oil melted (coconut oil melts at 76 degrees)
Glass measuring cup
Mini cup cake pan or mold of your choice
What to do:
1. In a large heat safe mixing bowl, add the beeswax, coconut oil & shae butter.
2. Make a double broiler. To do so, fill a large pot with water and place it on the stove over medium heat, as if you were going to cook pasta. The steam from the water will gently melt your ingredients.
3. Set your mixing bowl with all three ingredients on top of the pot filled with water.
4. Let the ingredients melt, stir occasionally.
5. Pour into mini muffin tin or metal mold of your choice. If you wanted more of a bar shape, you could use a mini loaf pan. I was also reading that people used Tetra pak cartons, like the cartons broth comes in. Simply clean the carton out well & cut in half and pour the mixture according to how thick you would like the bar to be.After these hardened, I put them in the freezer for a bit. Then I flipped them onto foil (I ran out of parchment paper) and they popped right out of the muffin tin.
Unbelievably easy. So dang smart!
The best thing about making your own anything, is always that you know exactly what is in it! No parabens, phthalates or toxic chemicals here! Make sure to store away from heat. An old Altoids tin or something similar would be best. I’m going to store most of these in the freezer until I find something to tote them in. By the way, I spent less than $25 on the beeswax & shea butter. The beeswax was $15 for 16 o.z, so I’m sure you can make these for cheaper. Making these is definitely a must!