Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
(adapted from Epicurious)
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter (natural/unsweetened)
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a mixer's bowl cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter, and egg until well combined then add the vanilla extract
4. With a wooden spoon or the mixer on a low setting mix the flour mixture in with the peanut butter mixture in three additions until just combined.
5. Roll out 1.5 tbsp balls of cookie dough and gently flatten with a fork.
6. Bake for ten minutes, rotating the cookie sheets after five minutes. Let cool on the tray until firm enough to move to a cooling rack.