Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Homemade Gifts for the Season

I love making homemade, gifts to give.  I have already made two batches of Brown Sugar Body Scrub.  I used Brown Sugar, Grapeseed oil, Jojoba oil, a little olive oil and I added a TBSP of honey as it is good for dry skin.  You mix this all up and put it in jars (I used canning jars) and I make sure that the sugar is very moist.  I also added frankincense and myrrh essential oils in honor of the season.  This made it smell heavenly.  I also made a batch and used lemon and orange flavoring.  This makes your skin feel like a million bucks.  You just use it as a body scrub when you are in the shower.

Also, I found this recipe on Pinterest for hand cream.  Use 16 oz. baby lotion, 8 oz. of vaseline and 8 oz. of vitamin E cream.  Mix this up, add essential oils (lavendar would be good) and use as a hand cream.  You can put this into pretty little jars and this makes a wonderful gift as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment