Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Can you Believe that it is Almost Christmas?

I had so many things to do and now it is getting down to the wire.  Hopefully, next week I will be able to at least do some of the baking, making, crafting things that I wanted to do before Christmas.  Why is it that time goes by so quickly?  There is never enough time.

One thing that I did this weekend and you might want to find time to do this.  I went to Kroger and bought 4 bags of Epsom Salt.  And, I purchased some clear glass containers from Michaels, along with those little animals that children play with..the plastic kind..like deer, dogs, etc.  Also, I bought miniature Santas, etc.  I found some things in my Christmas decorations that I could use...I pulled some greenery from fake pine decorations, and you could also use real pine stems.

I poured a little less than 1/2 of the bag of Epsom salt into each container.  Just enough to make it look pretty.  Then, for one container, I placed a Golden Retriever in the "snow" and a pine thingy that looked like a Christmas tree.  I sprinkled some of the salt onto the tree to make it look as if it had snow on it.  Then, I put a mini Santa, snowman in the snow.  Wallah!  What a beautiful decoration.  The salt looks just like sparkly snow.

I made several of these as gifts.  Love them. I will take a picture and post on here so that you can see for yourself.  And, I found this idea of Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment