Saturday, April 16, 2011

So, You Want to Lose Weight, Huh?

Okay, enough about paintings for awhile.  Let's get down to brass tacks here.  My son's wedding was almost a year ago in May. I knew around March, 2010, that I needed, wanted and was going to lose weight before his wedding.  Yes, I had packed on some pounds and was disguising it in a size eight or ten.  For some reason, I didn't look that big in my clothes, but the scales were a different story.  I bought the Jazzercise DVD.  I am just not disciplined enough to go to a class after work.  The lady on the tape drove me crazy.  So, somehow, I found out about Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.  I bought that DVD and loved it.  I would workout and sweat would pour off me.  My hair was wet after the workouts.  I also walked for approximately 30 to 45 minutes a day.  Jillian's DVD usually took about 25 minutes including the warm-up and cool down.  From March to May I dropped two dress sizes.  I went from an eight or size ten to a six. I actually ran the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta last year (July 4th).  Now, fast forward almost a year later and I am a size four and almost a two.  I have used most all of Jillian's DVD's.  I really like using Jillian's Kettlebells because you can take off or add up to twenty-five lbs.  I have continued to maintain and tone by doing some of her random kettlebell routines.  I really hate to admit how much I lost, but no one is reading my blog anyway, so I will just go ahead and say...about 26 lbs.  Probably more, because I did not weigh myself until I had been exercising for awhile.  I also used an Iphone application called "Lose It" where I recorded everything that I ate as well as all of my exercises.  That really helped as well. 
I did not realize how many calories you eat in a day.  And, trust me.  It is all about exercise and calories.  It helps to drink a lot of water each day.  I drank three cups of green tea during the week as well because someone heard on Oprah that green tea boosts your metabolism.  That may have helped.  Hope this is good information for anyone that wants to drop some pounds.  It is really hard to get those last pounds off, too.  But, exercise, exercise and count those calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment