Saturday, April 16, 2011

Coconut Oil

We have had the coldest winter in Atlanta this year.  One night, as I was getting ready for bed, I looked at my legs and they looked like my Granddaddy's cotton field looked when the sun had scorched it for days on end.  In other words like a road map.  My skin was so dry.  And, I had a shower full of smelly smelly stuff that was supposed to make my skin smooth and certainly not dry.  I did some research and found that all of the body washes in my shower contained perfumes that dry your skin instead of moisturizing.  What to do?  Well, a dermatologist from Alabama said to throw all of perfumed body wash stuff out and use coconut oil.  The coconut oil should be pure, unrefined, organic, extra virgin coconut oil.  Nature's Way and Swanson's are just two of the companies that make this. 

Of course, when I read this, I had a bee in my bonnet until I found this oil.  I finally found it at Whole Foods.  A friend of mine just recently bought some at a Farmer's Market in Decatur, Georgia. 

Let me tell you, I have already gone through a jar of this and I love it.  It looks like lard (for those of you who may know what lard is).  It is white, and soft and you scoop some into the palm of your hands and it liquefies.  It makes your skin feel like a million bucks.  You can use it all over your body.  I find that it has helped with that crepe skin thing.  It has a faint coconut smell.

 So, Goodnight and Yawl come back now, you hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment